SiteGate is a Node.js Express website that handles the user sign in/up processes. SiteGate allows to create a user account either through registration with an email or using an OAuth provider like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Usage example: https://github.com/sitegate/client-example
Why is it better than the alternatives?
- It consists of several independent microservices.
- It supports internationalization. Currently it's only in English but will have Ukrainian, Hungarian, German and Russian translations of the interface soon.
- It is designed as a standalone application with its own data storage, so updates will be easier.
- It is also an OAuth2 server.
What are the microservices it consists of?
What does it consist of?
- Gulp for task running.
- Passport for authentication.
- MongoDB as our database.
- Express is our web framework for Node.js.
- Semantic UI for the fancy design.
Add this line to your hosts file:
Run these commands in a console:
$ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:sitegate/sitegate.git && cd ./sitegate $ npm install $ gulp
MIT © Zoltan Kochan