- All-in-one Docker container, build once and run everywhere.
- Newest version of rTorrent and ruTorrent, with support of DHT and
asynchronous DNS which will result in a more responsive rTorrent.
- Enable all useful ruTorrent plugins by default.
- Get a working BitTorrent box in less than 3 minutes, give it a quick try
and tune the configs later.
- rTorrent will automatically restarts on crash or freeze.
- No more boring installation, also keep your OS in a clean state.
Clone this repository and build the image locally:
git clone https://github.com/kfei/docktorrent cd docktorrent docker build -t docktorrent .
The building process may take some time. You can just pull the latest image
docker pull kfei/docktorrent
After the image is built or pulled, run the docktorrent container, for example:
docker run -it \ -p 80:80 -p 45566:45566 -p 9527:9527/udp \ --dns 184.108.40.206 \ -v /data-store:/rtorrent \ -e UPLOAD_RATE=1024 \ docktorrent
- The exposed ports are required for ruTorrent web interface, rTorrent
listening and the DHT protocol according to the default
--dns 220.127.116.11argument is optional but recommended. It seems like the
current version of rTorrent still has some DNS
issues, using Google's
DNS may help.
/data-storevolume is for all downloads, torrents and session data,
just make sure the disk space is enough.
- Override the
upload_ratesetting of rTorrent to 1024KB. Check the full list of
available runtime configs.
If the container starts without errors, visit
http://127.0.0.1 through any web
browser, log in to with the default username/password:
There are some environment variables can be supplied at run time:
- LOGS_OFF: Set this to
yesto turn off all logs generated by rTorrent
and other services so that you don't have to worry about space for
/var/log. Default is not set.
- AUTH_OFF: Disable HTTP authentication on certain network. E.g.,
Override settings in
- IP overrides
- MAX_PEERS overrides
- MAX_PEERS_SEED overrides
- MAX_UPLOADS overrides
- DOWNLOAD_RATE overrides
- UPLOAD_RATE overrides
All you need is to have Docker installed on your system. Check Docker
Documentation for installation guide on
your OS platform.
docker stopcan gracefully shutdown rTorrent if you give it more time by
docker stop -t 120(which means 120 seconds to time out).
Bug reports and feature suggestions are both welcome. Feel free to use the