What is DevShop?
DevShop is open source cloud hosting system for Drupal.
This container launches the Devmaster front-end control panel for devshop.
How to use this image?
$ docker run --name database -d -e MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=12345 mariadb $ docker run --name hostmaster --hostname aegir.local.computer -e MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=12345 --link database:mysql -p 80:80 aegir/hostmaster
Create a docker-compose.yml file:
version: '2' services: hostmaster: image: devshop/devmaster ports: - 80:80 hostname: devmaster.local.computer links: - database depends_on: - database environment: MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD: strongpassword database: image: mariadb environment: MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD: strongpassword
- MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD: 12345. This must match for database and hostmaster containers. If launching in production, choose a secure password.
- --hostname devmaster.local.computer. The hostname of the container must be set to a fully qualified domain that resolves to the host machine. *.local.computer resolves to 127.0.0.1, so it is useful to use for launching locally.
- -p 80:80. Since this one container is going to host numerous websites for you, it expects to be assigned to port 80 (unless you are hooking up another container like varnish or a load balancer on the same machine.)
Took me a while to figure out how this works
1) Pull docker image
$ docker pull devshop/devmaster
2) pull mariadb image and run it
$ docker run --name database -d -e MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=12345 mariadb
3) run this in docker to provision devmaster
$ docker run --name devmaster --hostname devmaster.local.computer -e MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=12345 --link database:mysql -p 80:80 devshop/devmaster