IKEv2 VPN Server on Docker
Recipe to build
gaomd/ikev2-vpn-server Docker image.
1. Start the IKEv2 VPN Server
docker run -d --name ikev2-vpn-server --privileged -p 500:500/udp -p 4500:4500/udp gaomd/ikev2-vpn-server:0.3.0
2. Generate the .mobileconfig (for iOS / OS X)
docker run -i -t --rm --volumes-from ikev2-vpn-server -e "HOST=vpn1.example.com" gaomd/ikev2-vpn-server:0.3.0 generate-mobileconfig > ikev2-vpn.mobileconfig
Be sure to replace
vpn1.example.com with your own domain name and resolve it to you server's IP address. Simply put an IP address is supported as well (and enjoy an even faster handshake speed).
Transfer the generated
ikev2-vpn.mobileconfig file to your local computer via SSH tunnel (
scp) or any other secure methods.
3. Install the .mobileconfig (for iOS / OS X)
iOS 9 or later: AirDrop the
.mobileconfigfile to your iOS 9 device, finish the Install Profile screen;
OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later: Double click the
.mobileconfigfile to start the profile installation wizard.
Upon container creation, a shared secret was generated for authentication purpose, no certificate, username, or password was ever used, simple life!
Copyright (c) 2016 Mengdi Gao, This software is licensed under the MIT License.
* IKEv2 protocol requires iOS 8 or later, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan is supported as well.
* Install for iOS 8 or later or when your AirDrop fails: Send an E-mail to your iOS device with the
.mobileconfig file as attachment, then tap the attachment to bring up then finish the Install Profile screen.