PHP Development Environment for SQL Server
This image provides an integrated development environment for PHP with connectivity to a remote SQL Server database. Learn more about SQL Server on Linux. To report issues or provide feedback, please file an issue in the SQL Server in Docker GitHub Repository.
The following components are included:
- Ubuntu 16.04 OS layer.
- Pre-configured PHP7.0 runtime environment.
- sqlsrv and pdo_sqlservr for SQL Server.
- A working PHP to SQL Server code sample.
- SQL Server command-line utilities (sqlcmd and bcp).
- Command-line text editor tools (nano and vim).
To run an interactive bash session in this container simply run:
docker run -it lbosqmsft/mssql-php-msphpsql
The following optional environment variables can be provided to create the code sample:
$DB_HOST: The IP address or hostname where the SQL Server instance is running.
$DB_USERNAME: The database user in the SQL Server instance.
$DB_PASSWORD: The database user's password in the SQL Server instance.
Note: If you are running SQL Server in a Docker container as well, you can obtain the container's IP address using
docker inspect <containerID>.
After passing the above environment variables Within the container, you can run the following commands:
php connect.php: Execute the code sample to connect to SQL Server. The
connect.phpfile will already have the database parameters.
sqlcmd -S $DB_HOST -U $DB_USERNAME -P $DB_PASSWORD: This will run the command-line client for SQL Server where you can execute T-SQL statements against it.
- For issues with or questions about this image, please contact us through a GitHub issue.
- SQL Server on Linux for Docker documentation
- SQL Server - Developer Getting Started Tutorials
- SQL Server Docker GitHub Repository