Unreal Engine 4 Docker Build Image
This is a docker image for simplifying building the UnrealEngine 4 on Linux
It is based on CentOS 7 with all the deps needed to build included. Please note
I am using a custom copr repo which has clang 4.5 and mono 3.10 in it. These
packages clobber what is in EPEL.
How to run:
- Install Docker (ArchLinux, Fedora, Ubuntu)
- mkdir $HOME/Projects/ ; cd $HOME/Projects/
- git clone email@example.com:EpicGames/UnrealEngine.git
To Build UnrealEngine:
- docker pull wshearn/ue4editor
- docker run -v $HOME/Projects/UnrealEngine:/root/UnrealEngine -ti --rm wshearn/ue4editor
- NOTE for each build of a different version you will have to pass -ti to it, this is so you can confirm the "destructive" changes.
You can build the Editor in debug mode like so:
- docker run -e "MAKE=UE4Editor-Linux-Debug" -v $HOME/Projects/UnrealEngine:/root/UnrealEngine -ti --rm wshearn/ue4editor
Or if you want you can build slate viewer by changing out MAKE=UE4Editor-Linux-Debug with MAKE=SlateViewer
You should see the resulting binaries in $HOME/Projects/UnrealEngine/Engine/Binaries/Linux/
@iaminfinite: SELinux? If so you need to run $(chcon -Rt svirt_sandbox_file_t /path/to/UnrealEngine)
I'm stuck with this step:
sudo docker run -v $HOME/Projects/UnrealEngine/Source:/root/UnrealEngine -v $HOME/Projects/UnrealEngine/Deps:/root/Downloads -e OAUTH_TOKEN=“<generated github token here>” -ti wshearn/ue4editor
find: 'Engine/Source/Programs/AutomationTool': Permission denied
It seem like about root permission. Could I do it with just sudo, or I need root access ?
links to repos not valid